Woodbridge Northwest is committed to making sure that buying one of our homes is one of the most satisfying and rewarding decisions you make. While our sales team is trained to guide you every step of the way, we also want to help homebuyers to be as well-informed as possible when starting the process.
The following links and frequently asked questions will help you gather the information you need to feel comfortable and confident in your decision making. And if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
At Woodbridge Northwest, we work hard to ensure your new home experience is enjoyable and as smooth as possible. For Customer Care and Warranty inquiries, we have a team of professionals who can help.
1. Do I need to bring a realtor when visiting a Presentation Centre?
It’s your call. We have skilled and knowledgeable representatives at all of our presentation centres who can answer all of your questions and guide you through the home-buying process. If you decide to work with a realtor, we will respect that relationship and provide each party with the information they need.
2. I already have a realtor, do they need to accompany me to each visit I make to your sales office?
We recommend bringing your realtor on your first visit to our sales office, to establish the relationship. After that, it’s up to you if you want them to come.
3. How does my realtor earn commissions?
On your first visit to a presentation centre we'll register you and your realtor. If you decide to buy a Woodbridge home with the help of your realtor, and your realtor was an active participant in your purchase experience, we will pay the realtor commissions.
4. What type of warranties does Woodbridge Homes offer?
Woodbridge Northwest offers some of the best warranties in the new home industry, including:
- 2 Year Materials & Labour Warranty - First 12 months: Coverage for any defect in materials and labour in the common property of a multi-unit building.
- First 24 months: Coverage for any defect in materials and labour for the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning delivery and distribution systems. In addition, coverage for any defects in materials and labour for the exterior cladding, caulking, windows and doors that may lead to detachment or material damage to your new home. - 5 Year Building Envelope Warranty
- 10 Year Structural Defects Warranty
5. Is my deposit on a Woodbridge home secure?
Deposits paid to Woodbridge Northwest are protected in an independent stakeholders’ trust account. By law, deposits cannot be used by Woodbridge unless we have protected them with an independent third-party bonding agreement.
6. When do I have to pay my deposit if I buy a new Woodbridge home today?
This varies from community to community, and depends on the respective deposit requirements. Usually, an initial deposit investment of five percent of the purchase price is required at the time of purchase, with an additional five percent due in 30-60 days, and the balance of the deposit required within 180 days. Please talk to a property consultant of the community you want to buy into for specific requirements.
7. When do I start making mortgage payments?
Your mortgage payments begin after your Completion Date.
8. What’s the difference between a Completion Date and a Purchase Date?
The Completion Date is the day you receive the keys to your new home, and the day of the legal transfer of ownership from Woodbridge to you. The Purchase Date is the date on which you sign your Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
9. Does Woodbridge Homes provide customer service after I buy and move in?
Yes. Woodbridge Northwest has a customer care department that handles all your warranty-related requests. We also work with strata corporations and property management companies to make sure common area deficiencies are resolved.
10. What taxes do I have to pay when I buy a home?
Buying a home in British Columbia requires the payment of both the Property Transfer Tax as well as GST. You may be eligible for certain exemptions and rebates on these taxes. For more information on rates and policies concerning these taxes, please go to the following links:
11. Can I customize my home?
We pride ourselves on the quality of finishes and contemporary interior design of our homes. There are times, however, when you might want a specific aspect of your home changed. To see if we can accommodate your request, please check with one of our sales representatives.